- WPP Atticus Award winners announced; Ogilvy PR CEO takes top prize.
- Possible Worldwide takes stake in UK digital marketing services agency, Fortune Cookie.
- GroupM revises global ad spend forecast to 5.1% growth in 2012.
- Commarco acquires majority interest in leading German-based digital agency, KKLD.
- WPP Digital takes majority stake in Acceleration.
- Millward Brown acquires Cadem Advertising in Chile.
- More fans accessing sport via social and mobile platforms says co-authored Kantar report.
- GroupM Knowledge and Hurun release 2012 Wealth Report.
- Kantar Media report reveals consumers in key developing markets less concerned about debt.
- SAB Miller appoints MEC in Czech Republic, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia and UK.
- Burson-Marsteller China appointed branding and communications partner by HNA Real Estate.
- Former White House Communications Director Donald Baer named Worldwide CEO of Burson-Marsteller.
- Roy Haddad takes on the role of Chairman, JWT Middle East & Africa MEA, following his appointment at WPP as Director, WPP Middle East and North Africa. Vatche Keverian appointed CEO, JWT MEA.
- WPP named in Top 10 of the world's most successful digital media companies by paidContent50.
- Kantar Media took the Judges’ Platinum AMEC Award 2012 for the most outstanding entry across all categories for Drinkaware.
- Grey/Ogilvy agency INGO named by Swedish students as the most desirable workplace for media, advertising and communications. MediaCom was ranked 5th.
- At the American Business Awards, MediaCom USA took two Golds for VW’s ‘Winning the Super Bowl’ campaign.
STOP PRESSOgilvy PR CEO takes Atticus Grand Prix for original thinking in communications services
The 2011 Atticus Grand Prix was awarded to Christopher Graves, Global CEO of Ogilvy Public Relations, for his essay on the Japanese Government's efforts to boost its economy through the 'Cool Japan' initiative. The judges included Jeff Randall (Editor at Large, The Daily Telegraph
), Emma Walmsley (President of Consumer Healthcare Worldwide, GlaxoSmithKline) and Judie Lannon (Editor, Market Leader
See full list of winners at: http://www.wpp.com/wpp/marketing/atticus/
Possible Worldwide takes stake in UK digital marketing services agency, Fortune Cookie
Possible Worldwide has acquired a majority stake in Fortune Cookie, a full service digital marketing services agency. The agency specialises in providing design and build, mobile and tablet apps and site development, online marketing services and digital strategy. Fortune Cookie will combine its business with that of Possible Worldwide Limited in the UK to provide an enhanced service offering to its global clients. Founded in 1997, Fortune Cookie is headquartered in London with operations in Poland, the Netherlands, US and Australia. The agency employs over 190 people and clients include Canon, AEGON, NetJets, BP and Legal & General. GroupM revises global ad spend forecast to 5.1% growth in 2012
An uncertain economy in both Europe and the US has led GroupM to project a 5.1% increase in 2012 global advertising spending in measured media to $506.3 billion, down from the 6.3% hike ($522 billion) forecast late last year. The revised spending forecast was made in GroupM’s biannual worldwide report, This Year, Next Year, which also said that 2011 advertising spending in measured media hit $482 billion, a 5% increase over 2010 spending of $459 billion. The 70-country forecast also predicted that global ad spending in 2013 will increase 5.3 percent compared to 2012, representing $533.2 billion.
More information from: Adam Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW OFFERS Commarco acquires majority interest in leading German-based digital agency, KKLD
WPP’s Commarco group has acquired a majority interest in KKLD, a leading German-based digital agency. Founded by Alexander Diehl in 2005, KKLD specialises in brand and digital communication strategies, creative solutions, ecommerce and social media. KKLD is based in Berlin and employs 30 people in its offices in Germany and New York. Clients include BMW, MINI, Baume and Mercier, Bayer and Swarovski. WPP Digital takes majority stake in Acceleration
WPP Digital has acquired a majority stake in Acceleration, a leading marketing technology solutions group. Founded in 1999, Acceleration has offices in Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Dubai, Johannesburg, London and New York and employs 148 marketing technologists. Acceleration helps its clients architect, implement and orchestrate digital marketing and publishing technologies to enhance their digital business initiatives. Acceleration’s clients include Celebrity Cruises, The Economist, South African Tourism and UEFA. Millward Brown acquires Cadem Advertising in Chile
Millward Brown has acquired Cadem Advertising, a leading consumer insights company in Chile. Founded in 1997, Cadem has operated as a licensee of Millward Brown for many years, providing brand tracking, quantitative and qualitative research services. Cadem employs 87 people and key clients include Coca-Cola, Falabella Retail, Nestle, Telefonica and Unilever. JWT acquires majority stake in leading Finnish digital agency, Activeark Oy
JWT has acquired a majority stake in Activeark Oy, a leading full service digital agency in Finland. Founded in 2003, Activeark is based in Helsinki with operations in the UK and India. The agency employs more than 80 people. JWT Finland and Activeark will combine their businesses and partner in Finland in order to provide a comprehensive offering for both local and international clients. Kantar takes stake in Press Index in France
Kantar has completed its acquisition of Press Index. Founded in 1997 and headquartered near Paris, Press Index is a search and media intelligence agency which has pioneered the press electronic monitoring business. The agency employs around 210 people across offices in France, UK, Spain and Italy. AGENDA extends its Asia footprint to Thailand
Digital agency, AGENDA (part of the Wunderman network), has added a Bangkok office to its existing presence in China, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Taiwan. VML opens in Mumbai
VMLQais, the Asian arm of VML, has expanded into India, with an office in Mumbai. VML Qais in Singapore and Mumbai operate as part of the Y&R Asia group and work in partnership with Y&R Asia on several shared clients. Tripti Lochan, VML Qais CEO for Asia, will lead the VML Qais India operations. www.vmlqais.com
Burson-Marsteller announces exclusive partnership agreement with Effect PR in Turkey
Burson-Marsteller has entered into an exclusive partnership agreement with Effect PR & Multimedia, a leading communications company in Turkey. Founded in 1995, Effect PR is one of Turkey’s five leading communications consultancy companies.
INSIGHTSGroupM Knowledge and Hurun release 2012 Wealth Report
GroupM Knowledge – Hurun Wealth Report 2012 is the fourth wealth report by Hurun and the second consecutive report working in association with GroupM Knowledge. The report analyses the number of millionaires broken down according to their regional distribution across China, including analysis of their investments, consumption trends, charitable donations, social responsibilities and media use. For the first time, this report also includes research on the media placement of high-end brands. Hurun Report conducted face-to-face interviews with 503 of these millionaires, including 54 billionaires. The findings provide a fascinating insight into the demographics and lifestyles of wealthy Chinese. More fans accessing sport via social and mobile platforms says co-authored Kantar report
Digital sports specialists PERFORM, KantarMedia’s sport research division KantarSport and sports industry publication TV Sports Markets have released their second annual survey, The Global Sports Media Consumption Report 2012. This snapshot of trends around the devices, platforms and types of content fans engage with found a marked increase in sports consumption across mobile and social networks. The survey covers Great Britain, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Russia, USA, Brazil, China and Australia, also highlights the growing importance of digital where in 8 out of 10 markets, online is now the second most popular way to follow sport, ahead of print.
More info from: Kim Parker, email@example.com
Kantar Media report reveals consumers in key developing markets less concerned about debt
Kantar Media’s Global Consumer Perspectives Report of 10 of the world’s largest markets reveals that Western consumers are considerably more anxious about getting into debt than consumers in the developing countries. In an analysis of middle-class consumers from a total sample of almost 450,000 adults, consumers in Germany are almost twice as likely as their counterparts elsewhere to claim “I don’t like the idea of being in debt”. By contrast, respondents in South Africa, India and Mexico are the least likely to be concerned about getting into debt.
Visit: www.globaltgi.com Burson-Marsteller asks: how connected are world leaders?
Burson-Marsteller has released Twiplomacy – the first-ever global study of world leaders on Twitter. The study shows that while almost two-thirds of world leaders have a Twitter account, almost half of world leader accounts don’t follow any of their peers. Burson-Marsteller analyzed 264 government accounts in 125 countries.
To access the complete analysis of these findings, visit: http://.twiplomacy.com
. Kantar Media launches groundbreaking study giving far greater insight into British online consumer audiences
Kantar Media TGI has launched TGI Clickstream, a major new British study enabling brands and complex consumer targets to be analysed for the first time against actual online consumer behaviour. Similarly, with TGI Clickstream, online audiences can now be understood in context well beyond their online behaviour. TGI Clickstream will enable marketers, communications agencies and media owners to gain a complete picture of the sites, sub-domains and sections visited by specific, complex target groups of consumers – including users of over 4,000 brands – ensuring the targeting of them is as efficient as possible.
Watch a narrated PowerPoint presentation at: https://vimeo.com/ukkantarmedia/review/45054273/82a2d89ca0 China shoppers are less loyal to brand, says Kantar WorldPanel report
Bain & Company and Kantar Worldpanel’s 2012 China FMCG Shopper report covering most of 26 of the top consumer goods categories sold in China and more than 80% of the country’s fast-moving consumer goods market, reveals that shoppers who purchase more frequently in a category tend to buy more brands rather than more of the same brands. The study concludes with separate plans of action for categories where shoppers purchase from a wide repertoire of brands and for those where loyalty is more prevalent.
Download the full report from: http://www.kantarworldpanel.com/global/Publications MEC’s Zhai @ Weibo report provides insights into important Chinese consumer segment
MEC and WebInsight have published a new report on ‘zhai’ (the Chinese term for cocoon (v), cocooner (n), and cocooning (adj)), a huge emerging consumer segment in China. MEC first noted the growth of this consumer segment in its Consumption Trends China 2012
, a report on China’s changing consumption behaviour. The size of the zhai segment is further validated by data from a large-scale tracking study on consumption and media habits, showing that 49% of Chinese consumers living in cities prefer to stay at home during non-working hours.
More information from: Diana Wang, firstname.lastname@example.org Millward Brown and Affectiva bring new emotional insights to emerging markets
An extension of Millward Brown’s LinkTM ad copy evaluation and optimization solution is now available with facial coding for emerging markets, including Latin America and Asia Pacific regions. Developed by Millward Brown and Activa, an MIT Media Lab spin-off, facial coding yields sophisticated yet intuitive emotional and cognitive metrics to gain a deeper understanding of emotional engagement. These insights lead to better and more purposeful decision making regarding ad content, messaging, creative development, cut downs and more.
More information from: Delyth Hughes, email@example.com
NEW BUSINESSNivea for Men (Digital)
– bates Vietnam Singapore Customs
– bates Singapore Lindt; Jägermeister; iLuv; Aldi Beers Wines & Spirits; The Wrigley Company
– Clarion Communications GROUPM:
– Maxus Austria Johnson Fitness; Lee Gardens Hotel; Lexus Dealership; Sensa Cools; Shenzhen Media
Group; Sheraton Macan; SHV Company
– Maxus China Czech Rep Domo Service; Lidl; Triglav Insurance
– Maxus Czech Republic Autolease, Copenhagen Zoo; Findmignu.dk; Sunweb
– Maxus Denmark France Fiat Group
– Maxus France Italy Yalla Yalla Travel
– Maxus Italy Netherlands Visit Sweden
– Maxus Netherlands Pakistan Wi-Tribe
– Maxus Pakistan Poland Maketshim Agam
– Maxus Poland MEC
– MEC Europe (Czech Republic, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, UK)Harmon
– MEC North America Smile Direct; Bundesamt für Energie
– MEC Switzerland Inspired by Iceland
– MEC Norway Einhell
– MEC Switzerland, Italy Bundesamt für Gesundheit
– MEC Switzerland Edison
– MEC Italy Doha National Bank
– MEC Qatar Estectica
– MEC Singapore Starfish Concept International; Pixnet
– MEC Taiwan Animate Petcare Retail
– MEC New Zealand Administradora de Restaurant Aresta (Pizza Hut, Taco Bel, Friday’s)
– MEC Chile Llantas Nexen; Carnes Frias Carnely; Dafiti.com
– MEC Colombia Palta Hass
– MEC Peru MEDIACOM
– MediaCom China UIP; HBO
– MediaCom Denmark Mapei; Dimitriou
– MediaCom Greece Financial Dispute Resolution Centre
– MediaCom Hong Kong Kaffitar
– MediaCom Iceland Viggiagratis
– MediaCom Italy DFS
– MediaCom Portugal Bank Home Credit
– MediaCom Russia Amlak
– MediaCom Saudi Arabia 518.com; Agothos Bio-tech
– MediaCom Taiwan Planet Fitness; Bosch/Purolator; Hess
– MediaCom USA JWT
Ideal Group of Companies; M.N Dastur & Co Pvt Ltd; Unilever; Renuka Business Holdings
– JWT India Dow Chemical Corporation; Indian Oil Corporation
– Encompass India Family mart –
JWT Taiwan OGILVY & MATHER
Vienna Airport; Ministry of Economy
– Ogilvy Advertising Austria Arla Infant Nutrition
– Ogilvy Action and Ogilvy CommonHealth Denmark Nestlé mobile project
– OgilvyOne France Zeiss; BSH China
– Ogilvy Advertising Germany Dr Lang Esthetics; Lever Fun
– Ogilvy PR Germany Pharmacist National Association
– OgilvyOne Portugal Mandarim; Unitel
– Ogilvy Design Portugal Crocs
– Ogilvy PR Portugal Once’s Verano
– Ogilvy Spain Telefonica Foundation
– OgilvyOne Spain Swiss Post
– Ogilvy SwitzerlandKronenburg 1661
– Ogilvy Advertising UK Blackrock ishares
– OgilvyOne UK GSK Oral Care; Astra Zeneca
– OgilvyAction UKYorkshire Tea; Zurich: Corporate; BA; World Servers Foundation; Plymouth Business School
– Ogilvy PR UK Muller; Tetrapak
– Coley Porter Bell UK Boehringer Ingelheim
– Olodaterol; Zinforno; Biogen Idec
– Ogilvy Healthworld UK HSBC
– Neo@Ogilvy UK Gillette OGSM
– 141/Dialogue UK Cheque Dejeneur; Mitas
– Ogilvy Czech Republic Jutrzenka confectionery; ACER
– Ogilvy Poland Bayer Skin Care; Michelin
– Ogilvy Russia Dubai Department of Transport; Castrol; Tang Freeze
– Ogilvy Dubai Castrol Lubricant Oil; Bab Al Hind
– Ogilvy Jeddah Sasol; Al Zubarah Ancient Village
– Ogilvy Qatar Arab National Bank Digital
– Ogilvy Riyadh E-Plus; Anti Counterfeit Agency
– Ogilvy Kenya Tusker Beers
– Ogilvy PR Kenya Lafarge, Air Madagascar; Cristalline; XXL
– Ogilvy Madagascar LAM Mozambican Airlines; Barclays; Tiger Brands
– Ogilvy Mozambique Takalani Sesame; Konika Minolta Medial; FQM
– OPR South Africa Pacific Mobile Telecom; Parle G
– O&M Advertising India LeTV; Etro
– Raynet Ogilvy China Wangfujing
– Ogilvy & Mather Beijing Victorian Dept of Health
– O&M Australia PR Sands Cotai Central
– Ogilvy RedWorks Hong Kong Dalian Kaishi Sunshine Beach
– O&M Black Arc Advertising China Crocs
– OgilvyOne Hong Kong IPC
– Ogilvy PR Singapore Handok
– Pharmax Ogilvy Healthworld Korea Dongguan Property Developer
– Ogilvy PR Hong Kong YOUNG & RUBICAM GROUP
HNA Real Estate
– Burson-Marsteller China Hotels.com
– Cohn & Wolfe Mexico Aloys Hotel Elisabeth
– Wunderman PXP Austria Cartamundi
– These Days Belgium Eloqua; Edward Jones
appointed Regional Chief Strategy Officer at bates. GROUPM:
promoted to President, Media Management at GroupM Trading China
launches with Julien Boyer
leading the team in Paris. Ollie Wood
joins Maxus UK
as Search & Biddable Director from GroupM where he was Search Operations Director. Rod Berger
as Global Program Director to drive the Maxus Relationship Media planning toolkit. MEDIACOM
promoted to Managing Partner at MediaCom India
named Partner, Client Leadership at GroupM Thailand
. Crystal Chan
named National Head of Digital Operations at Mindshare China
appointed Global CEO, Kantar Media Audiences
At JWT Middle East & Africa
, Roy Haddad
named Chairman, following his appointment at WPP as Director, WPP Middle East and North Africa. Vatche Keverian
is appointed CEO. Tracey Follows
named Chief Strategy Officer at JWT London. Ernest Kim
hired as Director of Planning at XM Asia Pacific
. OGILVY & MATHER
At OgilvyOne London
, Sam Williams-Thomas
named CEO; Jo Coombs
named Managing Director. Janie Ma
appointed Director of Entertainment Marketing at Ogilvy & Mather Beijing
joins Ogilvy PR Beijing
as Senior VP, from Parker & Partners in Australia. YOUNG & RUBICAM GROUP
Former White House Communications Director Donald Baer
named Worldwide CEO of Burson-Marsteller,
after four years as Worldwide Vice Chairman. Michael Farr
named MD for Arcay Burson-Marsteller
South Africa. Fabio Caporizzi
named CEO of Burson-Marsteller Italy
. Katarina Wallin Bureau
appointed Chief Operating Officer of Burson-Marsteller’s Europe
, Middle East and Africa region
. Cohn & Wolfe
’s CEO, Donna Imperato
, has been named to PRWeek
’s Power List for the second time. Cohn & Wolfe-impactasia
’s CEO, Susan Field
, has been named Business Leader of the Year at SKAL International Hong Kong’s Celebrating Women in Business Awards. Cohn & Wolfe
’s, Senior VP, Human Resources, North America, Stephanie Howley
has been named to PRWeek
’s 40 Under 40 – becoming the first HR professional included in the annual ranking. Ashok Kapur
joins as Head of The Policy Group for Penn Schoen Berland
’s South Asia
operations. Nick May
, Head of Advocate Relations at Sudler & Hennessey EMEA
, is the first recipient of the Communique Lifetime Achievement Award. Mel Cruickshank
named President of Wunderman UK
. Chris Elliot
promoted to Executive Creative Director of Wunderman Creative Seattle
named in Top 10 of the world's most successful digital media companies by paidContent50.
At the Outdoor Advertising Awards 2012, bates wallstreet
picked up two Golds and a Silver. bates
won a Silver Dragon at the 2012 Promotion Marketing Awards of Asia for Johnnie Walker Vietnam. INGO
, the agency formed by Ogilvy and Grey in Sweden, has been named by Swedish students as the most desirable workplace for media, advertising and communications in a study by Academic Communications. MediaCom
was ranked 5th. Team Detroit
, Ford Motor Company’s marketing and advertising agency of record has won an EBie award, given by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and its New York branch, the Urban Green Council. Team Detroit and Ford Land were awarded the “Smooth Operator” EBie, which recognizes the building that was most improved by simply altering operations and maintenance. GROUPM:
MEC Interaction Poland
was named Interactive Network Agency of the Year at the Golden Arrow award show 2012. MEC New York
named Winner, Adweek 2012 Media Plan of the Year – Best Use of Mobile at the Adweek Media Awards for Paramount. MEDIACOM
named in BRW’s top 50 best places to work in Australia. MediaCom Austria
picked up a Gold and two Silvers at the Media Awards Austria. MediaCom Croatia
won Best Campaign in Direct Response and Lead Generation at Ideja X festival. MediaCom Hong Kong
won Best Infotainment category at the 2012 TVB Most Popular TV Commercial Award.
At the American Business Awards, MediaCom USA
took two Golds and a Silver for VW’s ‘Winning the Super Bowl’ campaign. MINDSHARE
took a Gold Award for Best Mobile Campaign Website at the 2012 MMA Smarties Awards for KFC. Mindshare Thailand
won silver for best marketing campaign of the year from the Marketing Association of Thailand for Axe. KANTAR
took the Judges’ Platinum AMEC Award 2012 for the most outstanding entry across all categories for Drinkaware, as well as four Golds for Drinkaware, Agence de la Biomedicine, Diageo and Ford. OGILVY & MATHER Ogilvy & Mather Germany
took a Gold at the Clio Awards, a Gold at COMPRIX, and a Silver at the EDAWARDS. Ogilvy Healthworld
took two Golds at COMPRIX. OgilvyOne UK
won Silver at the Clio Awards for IBM. OgilvyAction UK
was named a Marketing Week
Engage Awards Winner. Ogilvy Czech Republic
won a Grand Prix and five Golds at the Czech Direct & Promo awards.
At the Kiev Advertising Festival, Ogilvy Russia
took Gold for Levitra, Ogilvy Ukraine
was named Ukraine’s Most Creative Agency and took Gold for Hercules. Ogilvy Hungary
took two Silvers for UPC and Modern Alarm at the Hipnozis Creative Festival. The agency also took a special Achievement Award for its campaign for Commerzbank. Ogilvy South Africa
picked up its first ever Digital Gold at the One Show. YOUNG & RUBICAM GROUP
’s Cincinnati office won a National Addy Award for packaging design for Old Spice from the American Advertising Federation. Wunderman Germany
took Silver for Airtours at the Swiss Dialogue Marketing Awards, and a Gold for Deutsche Bank and Silver for Lufthansa at the Deutsche Post Mailing Awards 2012.