MEC converts 8 out of 9 at EMVIES 2012
5 September, 2012
— MEC India, one of the world’s leading media agencies, has bagged eight awards at EMVIES 2012. Organized by the Ad Club of Bombay, the EMVIES is one of two most prestigious award forums in India (Goafest is the other). The agency’s impressive haul - out of nine shortlists - includes one gold, one silver and 6 bronze awards. All metals were for MEC’s work on Reliance Communications, India’s leading mobile service provider. In terms of number of wins, Reliance was the third most awarded client (after Cadbury and Unilever). Dinesh Vyas, General Manager and Business Head – Team Reliance at MEC
said, “We are ecstatic about what we have achieved at the EMVIES this year. The team has worked very hard for this. A huge thank you goes to Reliance - for being an incredibly supportive client”. The details of the awards are as follows:
• Best Media Innovation – Digital Social Media : Gold -- Reliance Mobile, Ego Search
• Best Media Innovation – Digital Display : Silver -- Reliance 3G – India’s first Experiential Banner
• Best Media Innovation TV : Bronze -- Reliance 3G, Feeling is Believing
• Best Media Innovation Cinema : Bronze -- Reliance 3G, Feeling is Believing
• Best Media Innovation Branded Content : Bronze -- Reliance 3G, Feeling is Believing
• Best Media Innovation – Digital Search : Bronze -- Reliance Mobile, Ego Search
• Best Media Strategy – Services : Bronze -- Reliance 3G, Feeling is Believing
• Best Media Strategy – Services : Bronze -- Reliance Mobile, Ego Search
MEC also won one of the three people’s choice awards for the best case study presentation – for the Ego Search case study.
Said Sanjay Behl, Group Head – Brand and Marketing, Reliance Group
, “I am delighted but not surprised on MEC's stupendous show at EMVIES 2012. MEC has always been ahead of the curve in its understanding of the dynamic media landscape and ever evolving customer insights, which they have effectively leveraged for all the brands they service”.
Speaking about the wins, T Gangadhar, Managing Director, MEC India
, said “After winning the most golds at Goafest and being winner at Festival of Media Global earlier this year, our performance at EMVIES 2012 rounds off what has been a prolific award season from MEC. Our body of work on Reliance has been fantastic and this is reflected in the spread of the award-winning categories”. About MEC
MEC delivers value by creating, implementing and measuring communication solutions that actively engage people with brands.
Media planning and buying : Digital media : Search : Acquisition marketing : Social media : Analytics and insight : Sport, Entertainment and Activation : Content : Integrated planning
Our nearly 5,000 highly talented and motivated people work with domestic and international clients in 84 countries and over 150 offices. We are a founding partner of GroupM.
To find out more, visit us at www.mecglobal.com