Kinetic Worldwide publishes Future of Out of Home report
19 November, 2012
Predicting UK Out of Home media spend will break the £1 billion mark in 2015
Report: The Future of Out of Home Media in the UK: The industry, consumer & technology to 2020, an update from Kinetic Worldwide
Kinetic Worldwide predicts continuous growth in digital revenues through the short to medium term and an acceleration in revenues towards the end of the decade with Digital OOH becoming a £200m medium in 2014. Kinetic expects total Out of Home media spend to break the £1 billion mark in 2015, with digital OOH’s share of income rising rapidly in the latter half of the decade to reach 28% by 2020, conceivably before.
Released today, Kinetic Worldwide’s updated Future of Out of Home report features Kinetic’s revised projections and business-related changes anticipated to impact the medium in the coming years. This continues the Out of Home media agency’s positioning around understanding the future direction of the industry and the medium’s appeal to a connected, mobile, urban audience prevalent in the active consumer space.
As before, the report highlights the changing industry dynamics and changing consumer behaviour affecting the way we communicate and interact with our surroundings. To this end, Kinetic has updated it’s forecasts, conducted new consumer research and used the developments within the industry over the past 12 months to reshape expectations of the future.
Some of the areas highlighted include…
• Interactivity, activation, engagement with social media and content or purchase deals are key agents of change in Out of Home
• Technology will not only re-value Out of Home but will help it forge a far closer relationship with other media.
• Content will play an increasing role in Out of Home media and in digital OOH in particular; the medium is likely to become a more significant distribution point for digitised news and entertainment.
• The degree to which Out of Home helps adopt a more flexible approach to the way advertisers use the medium is crucial in determining the future success of the medium.
• The new Postar data will help determine the benefits of strong coverage and high frequency planning of messaging in environments where decisions are made and consumers are disposed to act and engage with advertising.
• Kinetic Worldwide believes that OOH is no longer on the threshold of change but in the midst of it, embracing the technological change that is augmenting the OOH experience for brands and consumers
Report link ebook
: http://issuu.com/kineticworldwide/docs/kinetic_future_of_ooh_2012/1_?mode=window PDF
: http://www.kineticww.com/docs/moving-minds/uk-future-of-out-of-home-report.pdf?sfvrsn=0 Twitter
: https://twitter.com/kineticww Further Kinetic insights, Moving Minds
: http://www.kineticww.com/home/our-current-thinking/moving-minds.aspx For more information contact:
Nick Mawditt, Kinetic Worldwide +44 (0)20 7150 6035
Jennifer Evans, Kinetic Worldwide +44 (0)20 7150 firstname.lastname@example.org About Kinetic
Kinetic Worldwide is the world’s largest planner and buyer of Out of Home media and the global leader in understanding how brands can connect with people’s lifestyles and the environments they engage with. Fully owned by WPP and part of the tenthavenue performance marketing division, Kinetic’s expertise and insight helps deliver solutions for clients that achieve ambitious brand and marketing goals.
Kinetic is traditionally an Out of Home media agency and in addition today delivers wide-ranging specialist expertise through its complementary service divisions including Aviator, Target Health, Kinetic Futures, Kinetic People, S2B, Meta, ALCANCE, Zone and Hi Rezz. Kinetic employs over 800 professionals across 38 offices. www.kineticww.com