London 2012: the Digital Olympics?
19 July, 2012
53% globally love/like the Olympics and 20% plan to watch the events live online
MEC Access releases Partnership IntelligenceTM a revolutionary new tool for Brands and their Partnerships LONDON
— MEC Access, www.mecglobal.com
, the leading sports, entertainment and cause marketing business, today launched a proprietary new research and analysis tool: Partnership Intelligence™.
Partnership Intelligence™ is a global research study and online tool that provides in-depth analysis into consumer interest, media consumption and attitudes towards partnership platforms including Sport, Music, the Arts, Film, TV programming and Cause and major global and local properties such as the Olympics or the Oscars. It also delivers an analysis of property attributes, enabling a comprehensive assessment of the potential fit of a property with a brand’s own values.
Partnership Intelligence™ allows brands to:
1) See how a platform or property is perceived.
- Globally, the Olympics is the sporting property that engages more people than any other global property – 53% like or love it versus 36% for Formula 1
2) Determine a platform/property’s strengths and weaknesses.
- The level of interest of the London 2012 Olympics differs per market, with high interest in Italy (66% love/like), compared to a much lower level of interest in Singapore (39%)
3) Compare a brand’s attributes to a platform/property’s attributes.
- Comparing the London 2012 Olympics to the Rugby World Cup: the Olympics is perceived to be more friendly, healthy and idealistic, whereas the Rugby World Cup is perceived to be more assertive and brave
4) Identify the product categories that are of highest interest to those engaged with a property.
- 62% of respondents globally that like or love the Olympics are interested in travel, 51% in fashion and 51% in technology / electronics
5) Assess media consumption habits across properties.
- In China, 53% of respondents plan to watch the Olympics live online. Another 38% will view online video highlights and 31% will view clips via a mobile device
- In the UK, only 13% of respondents plan to watch live online. 11% will watch online videos highlights and only 3% plan to watch clips and videos on a mobile
Jeremy Clark, Managing Director for MEC Access across EMEA said, “Given the growing importance and increasing investment in partnerships around the world, the need for robust analysis to aid decision-making is paramount. Partnership Intelligence genuinely delivers strategic leadership to brands that want to get under the bonnet of their partnerships and drive value throughout their communications strategies. The information we can gather from it, for example showing potential sponsors which properties are most likely to drive maximum sales for their brands, is ground breaking and positions MEC Access as a truly valued business partner for its clients.” Disclaimer
: MEC is not associated, authorised, endorsed by or in any way officially connected with the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games Limited or the London 2012 Olympic Games.” About the research
- The research covers the following 17 markets: Australia, Brazil, China, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Italy, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, USA and the UK
- Analysed over 100 platforms/properties within each market.
- Sample size: 1500 per market
- Fieldwork undertaken April 2012
To find out how Partnership Intelligence™ can help your brand, please contact: Jeremy Clark, Managing Director, MEC Access EMEA, email@example.com About MEC
MEC delivers value by creating, implementing and measuring communication solutions that actively engage people with brands. Media planning and buying ~ Digital media ~ Mobile ~ Search ~ Performance marketing ~ Social media ~ Analytics and Insight ~ Sport, Entertainment & Cause ~ Multi-cultural ~ Content ~ Retail ~ Integrated planning.
Our 4,500 highly talented and motivated people work with domestic and international clients in 84 countries. We are a founding partner of GroupM. To find out more, visit us at www.mecglobal.com
. MEC PR Contact:
Phone: +44 20 7803 2319