Burson-Marsteller announces Global Energy Practice
3 June, 2011
New Offering Will Leverage Global Expertise Across Energy Value Chain
– Burson-Marsteller, a leading global public relations and communications firm, today launched the Global Energy Practice, a specialty practice group which draws upon the company’s extensive worldwide network of communications professionals with expertise in the energy industry. With more than 100 consultants among Burson-Marsteller’s companies with substantive energy experience across all aspects of the energy industry and value chain, the new group will strengthen Burson-Marsteller’s position as a leading provider of communications strategy and counsel to the global energy sector.
Practice members bring decades of experience advising many of the world’s leading energy companies, regulatory bodies and industry associations in strategic communication areas including: research; issues and crisis management; mergers and acquisitions; infrastructure siting; public affairs; regulatory affairs; stakeholder engagement and coalition building; environment and sustainability; corporate positioning; and corporate responsibility.
“As we have seen in the Gulf of Mexico, Japan and other parts of the world recently, energy issues are becoming increasingly global, interconnected and complex. With energy demand anticipated to rise 40% in the coming decades and energy challenges becoming more extreme, strategic communications will be even more vital to success,” said Worldwide CEO Mark Penn. “The Global Energy Practice collaborates on projects and programs that span the globe, leveraging our global network of strengths and experience in many facets of the energy industry. We combine deep on-the-ground experience in specific local markets with a global perspective on energy trends and issues.”
With rising expectations for energy efficiency and sustainability, the Practice also provides energy expertise to clients across a range of other sectors with increasing needs for energy-related positioning and programming.
“The importance to Australia of the trade relationship with China cannot be overstated and having Douglas Dew, an Australian based in China for the past 10 years and now running this global practice, is not only significant but opportune,” said Brian West, Market Leader Australia.
The Global Energy Practice will offer clients:
• Decades of communications and public affairs experience advising major companies, government organizations and industry bodies across areas including oil and gas, solar, wind, hydro, bioenergy and nuclear.
• Expertise in global and regional energy issues and trends.
• Unrivalled integrated communications capabilities.
• Unmatched global footprint across 98 countries, as well as an understanding of the diverse
business cultures and political systems of these countries.
Chaired in Burson-Marsteller’s Beijing office, the group’s leadership team includes: Bob Pickard (Asia Pacific), Douglas Dew (Asia Pacific), Mike Lake (North America), Jim Cunningham (North America), Beth Diamond (North America), Ramiro Prudencio (Latin America), Bill Royce (Europe), Roland Bilang (Europe) and Stephen Worsley (Middle East). About Burson-Marsteller
), established in 1953, is a leading global public relations and communications firm. It provides clients with strategic thinking and program execution across a full range of public relations, public affairs, reputation and crisis management, advertising and web-related strategies. The firm’s seamless worldwide network consists of 67 offices and 71 affiliate offices, together operating in 98 countries across six
continents. Burson-Marsteller is a part of Young & Rubicam Brands, a subsidiary of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s leading communications services networks. About Burson-Marsteller Asia-Pacific
Burson-Marsteller Asia-Pacific (www.burson-marsteller.asia
) is the leading public relations consultancy for organizations communicating in Asia-Pacific and internationally. With a presence in the region dating back to 1973, Burson-Marsteller Asia-Pacific today includes 31 offices and affiliates in 16 countries integrated seamlessly into a global network operating in 98 countries. Our Evidence-Based approach to communications provides our clients with effective, data-driven programs delivered through multiple channels and focused on tangible, measurable results. Our team of more than 600 professionals offers a powerful combination of local knowledge, sector expertise and global communications reach.For more information, please contact:
Market Leader, Australia
Tel: +61 2 9928 1500
For further information visit our website: http://bmaustralia.tumblr.com/
or follow: @BMaustralia