Clarion hired by Chessington World of Adventures Resort
2 February, 2011
Clarion Communications has won a four-way pitch to handle PR for the Chessington World of Adventures Resort.
The brief covers all elements of the Chessington Resort in Surrey, including the theme park, Chessington Zoo, SEA LIFE centre and Holiday Inn Chessington.
Other activity during 2011 will include the second annual search for Britain’s Most Adventurous Family, as well as the 80th anniversary of Chessington Zoo.
Chessington World of Adventures Resort is part of The Merlin Entertainments Group, which also includes Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND and Alton Towers Resort.
The Clarion team will be overseen by managing director Amanda Meyrick, who said: “We will be working with Chessington to deliver a PR campaign which further establishes the Chessington Resort as Britain’s Wildest Adventure.” For further press information please contact:
Howard Bowden or Liz Canning
+44 (0)20 7479 0910 Notes to Picture Editors:
• High Resolution images of the Chessington World of Adventures Resort and Holiday Inn Chessington are available for the media to download free of charge from www.chessington.com/press Notes to Editors
• Chessington World of Adventures Resort is open from 26 March to 1 November 2011, with Chessington Zoo and SEA LIFE centre also open at weekends during November and December for Zoo Days and there will be special Winter Zoo Days from 10 December 2011 – 1 January 2011 (excluding 25 December). Visit www.chessington.com
for further information.
• Discover the perfect family get away at the safari-themed Holiday Inn Chessington, where you can enjoy themed rooms, an indoor swimming pool & spa and a fantastic family restaurant all just strides away from the park for more information visit www.chessington.com
• Chessington World of Adventures Resort is part of The MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS GROUP, the leading name in location based, family entertainment, which has seen the most successful and dynamic growth of any company in the sector over the last five years. Europe’s number one, and the world’s second largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin has 62 attractions and 6 hotels in 12 countries, across 3 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its 38.5 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and more than 14,000 employees. Merlin Entertainments operates the following attractions – SEA LIFE – the world’s No 1 aquarium brand, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, The Merlin Entertainments London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures Resort, Heide Park, Underwater Adventures, and Earth Explorer.
• Family ticket (2 adults and 2 children under 12) only £76.80 when booking in advance on the web. (On-the-Gate-Rate is £85 for a Family ticket.) Family tickets for other family group sizes are also available – check regularly online for sensational offers!
• Advance booking rates: £27.60 adults, £20.40 children (under 12). On-the-Gate-Rates: £37.20 adults, £27 children (under 12). Special rates apply on Zoo Days.
• Groups of ten or more can enjoy discounted rates: Pre Book and pay £24.60 per person (12 and over) and only £13.50 for under 12s. This is a saving of 40% on the gate price and is available here www.groupfundays.co.uk/fun
• A Merlin Annual Pass gives you 12 months unlimited entry to top UK attractions including Alton Towers Resort, LEGOLAND® Windsor, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures Resort, Madame Tussauds, The London Eye, Warwick Castle, SEA LIFE and the Dungeons. Passes cost just £129.60 online for an individual or £345.60 for a family of four*. For more information visit www.annual-pass.com or why not enjoy a year full of adventures with a Chessington Annual Pass? Visit www.chessington.com
for more information.
• Height restrictions may apply on certain rides.
• Express passes and special offers are available online when booking in advance on www.chessington.com
• Follow us on Twitter; www.twitter.com/cwoa
or become a fan on Facebook; www.facebook.com/chessington
and watch our latest videos on YouTube www.youtube.com/wwwchessingtoncom