JWT Manila and Kraft set out to make miracles happen in time for Christmas
1 December, 2010
MANILA — Miracle Whip is all about making good things happen. But this time, Kraft has decided to whip up miracles outside of the kitchen with Miracle Machine.
Miracle Machine is a social network application and its objective is quite simple: to get people and their friends and their friends’ friends working together to make miracles happen for the less fortunate.
Hosted on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/WhippingUpMiracles, JWT Manila and Kraft are leveraging the social networking site to mobilize people from all walks of life to come together and combine their resources to lend a helping hand to those who need it the most.
For the first phase, the Miracle Machine wishes to whip up 12 miracles across 12 days through Facebook in time for the Christmas season. Commencing on December 1, the following 12 giving opportunities will be rolled out on a day by day basis:
- Kythe Foundation hopes to help Angelalyn Magalano, a 13-year-old angel who suffers from Nephoric Syndrome and psoriasis by making her wish come true of meeting a pilot and talk about flying.
- Jamboree Mountaineers hopes to make the indigenous tribes’ Christmas in Wawa, Montalban merrier by trekking there and delivering food for Noche Buena.
- Childhope Asia hopes to keep street children warm this Yuletide Season by providing them with new underwear and clothes.
- Kaeskwela hopes to fill the empty libraries of public schools in far-flung areas in the country with educational books.
- The Philippine Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) hopes to find abandoned dogs and cats new families to take them in by making them adoption-ready through grooming.
- Sagip Buhay and Philippine General Hospital hopes to provide medical assistance for those who don’t have the means and access to proper healthcare with new blood pressure devices and Thermoscan thermometers.
- Firefly Brigade and Tiklop Society hopes to collect 10 bikes and bike safety gear for people in urban communities to help them get from one place to another faster and safer so they can be more productive in their work.
- Tahanang Walang Hagdan hopes to give back to the 326 volunteers who have selflessly devoted their time to the organization by giving them gifts this Christmas.
- Resources for the Blind hopes to record an audio storybook for blind children to bring them to the world of wonder and imagination.
- Museo Pambata hopes to make 2, 000 children happy this Season of Giving by gifting them with pre-loved storybooks and toys.
- St. Martin de Porres Charity Home hopes to spread holiday cheer with a potluck party for the underprivileged kids under its care.
Finally, for the 12th miracle, a fully functional miracle conduit will be made available on the 12th day of December open to any and all organizations that seek support, with the goal to have the site become a platform where donors can be matched up to organizations that are aligned with their personal interests.
To set the wheels of Miracle Machine in motion, JWT and Kraft invite the community to visit http://www.facebook.com/WhippingUpMiracles, and click on the Miracle Machine tab to view the miracles, lend a hand if there is one you are able to help make a reality and share and spread the word amongst your friends. There might be someone in your friend list or your friends’ friend list who has the means to answer a call for help or support a specific cause.
Said Jos Ortega, CEO, JWT Manila, “If we get everyone to pitch in, we can show that as more people become part of Miracle Machine, we get to make more and more amazing things happen.”
JWT Office: JWT Manila
Product Name: Miracle Whip
Client: Kraft Foods Philippines
Executive Creative Director: Dave Ferrer
Creative Directors: Joe Dy
Art Director: Icel Candido, Danni Lim
Copywriter: Maan Bautista, Y2 Villanueva, Kara Bautista
Planner: Pam Garcia
Producers: Ces de Guzman, Tricci Alonzo and Eugene Taningco-Sucayan
JWT Manila CEO: Jos Ortega
Client Service Director: Golda Roldan
Account Director: Iea Nepomuceno
Account Manager: Anne Pagaduan
Digital Consultants: Media Contacts
Coordination with Organizations: Rickshaw Events
APAC Regional PR
+65 988 98824
About JWT APAC
JWT opened their first offices in Asia Pacific in 1929. JWT APAC, now headquartered in Singapore, has 3,000 employees spread across 18 countries.
Not only are we recognized as one of the largest and most experienced agencies in APAC, but also one of the most creative. In 2009, we captured the most prestigious award—“Network of the Year”—at both of the regional creative awards shows, Spikes and Adfest.
In addition to working with JWT’s prestigious multinational clients, JWT APAC works with some of the Asia’s largest brands including Thai Airways, Singapore’s Economic Development Board, The Times of India and COFCO.
JWT is the world’s best-known marketing communications brand. Headquartered in New York, JWT is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries employing nearly 10,000 marketing professionals. JWT consistently ranks among the top agency networks in the world and continues its dominant presence in the industry by staying on the leading edge—from producing the first-ever TV commercial in 1939 to developing award-winning branded content for brands such as Freixenet, Ford and HSBC.
JWT’s pioneering spirit enables the agency to forge deep relationships with clients including Bayer, Cadbury, Diageo, DTC, Ford, HSBC, Johnson & Johnson, Kellogg’s, Kimberly-Clark, Kraft, Microsoft, Nestlé, Nokia, Rolex, Royal Caribbean, Schick, Shell, Unilever, Vodafone and many others. JWT’s parent company is WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY).