Communications group recognised for communications!
20 October, 2009
For Immediate Release
WPP and its many operating companies are consistently reminding clients of the importance of internal and external communications, particularly in this age of realtime communications. Those clients have every right to wonder whether WPP follows the advice it so enthusiastically offers others!
So the recent 2009 Building Public Trust Award for excellence in corporate reporting, made to WPP (Winner in FTSE-100 category), prompted us to compile a brief rundown of this year's public accolades. 2009 Building Public Trust Awards
- Winner in FTSE 100 category for excellence in corporate reporting.
Based on Annual Report, Corporate Responsibility Report and investor presentations.
Criteria: content, quality and consistency of messaging.
Citation: "WPP's Report provided real insight into the advertising market and the strategic priorities and contribution of the parent company of such a diverse group. Concise and highly accessible, the Report pushes back the boundaries of corporate reporting with innovations including a high level fast read summary, informative style and attractive magazine-style design.
"2009 WebAward from the Web Marketing Association
- Best of Industry for Outstanding Achievement in Web Development.
Criteria: design, ease of use, copywriting, interactivity, use of technology, innovation and content.2009 International ARC Awards
- Best Online Annual Report in class
- Best Annual Report across all classes
(Honours) Annual Report on Annual Reports 2009
("the only global survey on Annual Reports from listed companies")
- A rating, "excellent", ranked 11 out of 300 companies
Citation: "As always, a superb read. Very good clear financial reporting, well integrated within a strong stakeholder orientation.
" LACP Inspire Awards 2009 for internal/employee communications
WPP's global newspaper, the WIRE, ranked number 1 out of global field of 403 entries across industries
- Overall Platinum Award
- Platinum Award for Most Engaging publication 20th Annual International GALAXY Awards
- Silver for the Corporate Responsibility Report
- Bronze for Corporate Website
- Honors for copywriting in the Annual Report IR Magazine
- Rated WPP's online Annual Report No 1 in annual study of websites, ahead of Procter &Gamble, Thomson Reuters, Berkshire Hathaway, China Mobile, among others
Criteria: accessibility, navigation, usability
Citation: "Some websites rely on content, others on style. WPP excels at both and combines them exceptionally well. A masterful agglomeration of technique, style, thoughtfulness and strategic use of the channel"
For the last 10 years, WPP's Annual Report, produced by Addison Corporate Marketing working closely with the in-house team, has been consistently honoured, collecting more than 35 public awards. Addison also produces WPP’s Corporate Responsibility Report
and the Group’s online Annual Report
Feona McEwan, WPP www.wpp.com
T. +(0)20 7408 2204