Spot Runner wins WebAward® for "Best Advertising Website"
9 October, 2007
Spot Runner, Inc., the first Internet-based ad agency, today announced that it has won the Web Marketing Association’s WebAward for “Best Advertising Website.” Spot Runner is the only company to have received this honor for two consecutive years. “Best Advertising Website” is the top honor in the WebAwards’ Advertising category, given to only one company a year. This year, there were 28 other finalists in the category.
The WebAwards competition is the premier annual website award competition that names the best websites in 96 industries while setting the standard of excellence for all website development. This year the competition had over 2,400 entries from 40 countries. Each site is judged in seven categories: design, innovation, content, technology, interactivity, copywriting and ease of use. The judges included members of the media, advertising executives, top website designers, content providers and webmasters.
“Spot Runner has a fantastic website that I cannot fault,” commented one WebAwards judge. “The business model alone is fantastic and the website carries it superbly. The user experience is both persuasive and productive, the perfect mix for this kind of website.”
Spot Runner’s website has revolutionized the way advertising is created, targeted, bought and sold. By incorporating technology and automation throughout the commercial production, media planning and media buying processes, Spot Runner has significantly opened up access to television advertising for businesses of all sizes and redefined the advertising landscape. The design and technology behind the Spot Runner site allow advertisers to easily and effectively use TV to reach prospective clients by demographics, networks and specific neighborhoods.
In addition to its two WebAwards, Spot Runner has earned numerous other distinguished awards, including:
• The 2007 American Business Awards “Stevie” for “Most Innovative Company (under 2,500 employees)”
• Seven “Telly Awards” for ads in the not-for-profit, retail store, sporting good and low budget categories
• The Bulldog Reporter’s 2007 “Bulldog Awards” for “New Product Launch” (Silver) and “Technology, Business” (Bronze)
• AlwaysOn’s “OnHollywood 100” power list of the top digital media and entertainment companies for 2006 and 2007
• AlwaysOn’s “AO Media 100” award as one of the hundred most innovative and successful private firms in 2007
• The “Red Herring 100 North America” recognizing new and innovative technology companies and entrepreneurs for 2006About Spot Runner
Headquartered in Los Angeles, Spot Runner is a privately held, Internet-based ad agency that makes it fast, easy and affordable for local businesses to advertise on TV. Its revolutionary approach to commercial production, media planning and media buying gives local businesses access to a powerful marketing tool that was previously out of their reach. The entire process is automated online, making it cost-effective for even the smallest of businesses to use. The company’s co-founders, Nick Grouf and David Waxman, previously founded PeoplePC and Firefly Network, which were acquired by EarthLink and Microsoft, respectively. Visit Spot Runner online at www.spotrunner.com