Landor Associates is Design Agency of the Year 2007
12 December, 2007
Marketing magazine today announced Landor Associates as Design Agency of the Year for 2007. The agency scores an unprecedented hat trick – winning the accolade for the third time since the magazine started the awards in 2001.
An independent panel of experts selected Landor as best in class for 2007 based on: business growth and clients; creativity; leadership and overall management; understanding of, and contribution to, client business; holistic brand thinking; innovation and thought leadership; and social responsibility.
The judges were particularly impressed with:
• Landor’s transformational work in 2007 with clients including Johnnie Walker, Morrisons and Terry’s Chocolate Orange
• A solid commitment to corporate social responsibility on behalf of its clients including Ariel Turn to 30º and Traidcraft, the UK’s leading fairtrade organisation
• An ability to innovate through consumer insights programme The Cooler, which reports on the effect of future trends on brands in such areas as snacking and wealth
• Thought leadership activities such as the annual ImagePower® Green Brands Survey which studies consumer perceptions of ‘greenness’
• Two DBA Design Effectiveness Awards for its work with BDO International and Preem Petroleum, along with three of WPP’s WPPED Cream Awards – one for Telefonica and two for S7 Airlines
• Significant overall revenue growth and an impressive 73% pitch to win conversation rate
• Internal recycling and the development of client sustainability programmes
• A commitment to staff, with 60% of employees benefiting from training programmes and regular inter-office exchanges for periods ranging from one month to two years.
Cheryl Giovannoni, Managing Director, Landor Associates, says: "In the most competitive design market in the world, to be named Design Agency of the Year three times is a remarkable achievement. This award is the icing on the cake on what has been our best year ever. We couldn’t have done it without our clients’ belief in our ability to deliver brand-led business transformation through a combination of strategic rigour married to exceptional creativity. And our business is our people so this accomplishment is a reflection of the talent, hard work, and tenacity of our people – each and every one of them deserves the highest of praise."
About Landor Associates
Landor Associates is one of the world’s leading strategic brand and design consultancies. Founded by Walter Landor in 1941, Landor pioneered many of the research, design and consulting methods that are now standard in the branding industry. Partnering with clients, Landor drives business transformation and performance by creating brands that are more innovative, progressive and dynamic than their competitors.
With 24 offices in 18 countries, Landor’s current and past clients include some of the world’s most powerful brands, including BP, Cathay Pacific, Citi, Danone, Delta, Diageo, Emaar Properties, FedEx, Frito-Lay, the City of Hong Kong, HSBC, LG Group, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Microsoft, Procter & Gamble and PepsiCo. Landor is part of WPP, one of the world’s largest global communications services companies.
For more information, please visit www.landor.com