F8 Facebook Developer Conference
The Facebook of the future is now
“Instead of building walls we can help build bridges. Instead of dividing people we can connect people. We do it one person at a time, one connection at time. That’s why I think the work we’re doing together is more important than it has ever been before” -Mark Zuckerberg
, Facebook’s annual two-day developers conference,
hosted thousands of entrepreneurs in San Francisco for a look at new products, tools, demos and
speakers to guide the growth of apps and services on the platform. Although F8 originally began as
an eight-hour hackathon, today it is a critical event for users, publishers, brands and especially
marketers, as it offers a glimpse into the future of Facebook.
This year Facebook lived up to the hype surrounding F8, announcing multiple, big impact updates and
products for the platform, as well as many updates for its previously spun-out Messenger app. Mark
Zuckerberg kicked off the conference with a keynote detailing Facebook’s 10-year technology roadmap
and set the stage for two days of dynamic updates, most of which are
widening the opportunities for marketers.
Key updates influencing marketers
Below is a summary of the key announcements that will guide marketer decision making in 2016 and beyond.
- Messenger Bots: Integration of bots, a bot API and store for Messenger,
- Analytics & Account Kit For Apps: An expanded toolkit for app developers,
- Instant Articles & Branded Content: A huge expansion of publisher capabilities and monetization,
- Live API: The next step in bringing professional destination content to Facebook’s Live product,
- Copyrights Management/Policies: More options and safeguards for rights holders,
- Profile Expressions Kit: A new way for audiences to spread a brand story through their profiles,
- Crossposted Video & Insights: More flexibility and unified metrics for video content.
To continue reading please download F8 Facebook Developer Conference