Search Engine Marketing, Inc. : Driving Search Traffic to Your Company's Web Site
By Bill Hunt and Mike Moran
Publisher: IBM Press
The #1 Step-by-Step Guide to Search Marketing Success...Now Completely Updated with New Techniques, Tools, and Best Practices!
In this book, two world-class experts present today’s best practices, step-by-step techniques, and hard-won tips for using search engine marketing to achieve your sales and marketing goals, whatever they are. Mike Moran and Bill Hunt thoroughly cover both the business and technical aspects of contemporary search engine marketing, walking beginners through all the basics while providing reliable, up-to-the-minute insights for experienced professionals.
Thoroughly updated to fully reflect today’s latest search engine marketing opportunities, this book guides you through profiting from social media marketing, site search, advanced keyword tools, hybrid paid search auctions, and much more. You’ll walk step-by-step through every facet of creating an effective program: projecting business value, selling stakeholders and executives, building teams, choosing strategy, implementing metrics, and above all, execution.
The authors systematically address every issue you’re likely to encounter, while helping you implement timeless strategies for delivering superior long-term results. You’ll learn how to:
Identify and leverage new search engine marketing opportunities arising from social media
- Align search engine marketing with your company’s evolving strategic and tactical goals
- Implement programs that drive sustainable improvements—not counterproductive quick fixes Systematically optimize your existing Web site search programs
- Manage the unique marketing challenges associated with large sites
- Create monthly scorecards and use them to drive improvement
- Provide effective guidance to content developers and designers, in language they’ll understand Automate checking and reporting for every page on your site
- Choose effective target keywords, optimize your content, and attract links
- Make the most of Google, Yahoo!, Live Search, and the latest specialized and local search tools Measure site-wide success rates across multiple systems and technologies
- Hire the right SEO consultant—and avoid the wrong ones
Whether you’re a marketing, Web, or IT professional, product manager, or content specialist, Search Engine Marketing, Inc., Second Edition will help you define your SEO/SEM goals, craft a best-practices program for achieving them, and implement it flawlessly.