Burson-Marsteller entered China in 1985 at the invitation of Xinhua News Agency, becoming one of the first global public relations firms to operate in the mainland. Today, we have offices in four mainland China cities: Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Chengdu. The China market has a national practice structure with four core practices including Technology, Public Affairs, Corporate/Financial and Bolian Marcom – a wholly-owned brand of Burson-Marsteller China - specializing in consumer-focused marketing communications and campaign assignments. We also have a growing Healthcare team based in Shanghai.
We focus on delivering measurable business results to clients through a full range of consulting and communications disciplines: corporate reputation management, corporate and financial communications (including business-to-business communications, investor relations, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions and restructuring), government relations and public policy, crisis and issues management, corporate responsibility, CEO positioning, technology communications, healthcare communications, industry analyst relations, interactive media, media relations and strategic media services, communications training, marketing communications and campaigns.
Burson-Marsteller’s China team comprises a unique blend of international experience with local knowledge, understanding and contacts. Our consultants have diverse backgrounds ranging from government service to consumer marketing to finance and high-technology. Most professionals are fluent in both Mandarin Chinese and English.
Key milestones for Burson-Marsteller China
• 1985: Burson-Marsteller signs an exclusive cooperation agreement with China Global Public Relations Company (Beijing), a subsidiary of Xinhua News Agency and the first public relations company in China
• 1992: Burson-Marsteller Guangzhou established as a joint venture
• 1993: Burson-Marsteller Beijing established
• 1994: Burson-Marsteller Shanghai established
• 2006:Burson-Marsteller establishes a presence in Chengdu