WPP at a glance
WPP is the world leader in marketing communications services. We are made up of leading companies in:
Facts & figures
Advertising; Media Investment Management; Data Investment Management (formerly known as Consumer Insight); Public Relations & Public Affairs; Branding & Identity; Healthcare Communications; Direct, Digital, Promotion & Relationship Marketing; Specialist Communications
|Number of employees
||170,000 (including associates)
|Number of offices
|Number of countries
||£10.4bn (as at 31 December 2012)
||£44.4bn (as at 31 December 2012)
||£13.0bn (as at April 2013)
Recognition & awards
- For the second year running, WPP was named Holding Company of the Year at the 2012 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. The Group was also named Most Effective Holding Company, Globally in the 2012 Effie Effectiveness Index.
- WPP was ranked in the Top 10 of GigaOM's 2012 paidContent 50, alongside Google, China Mobile and Apple. The rankings are based on the amount of revenue earned from digital content.
- In December 2012, WPP CEO Martin Sorrell was named Britain's Most Admired Leader by Management Today and received the UK Marketing Society's Outstanding Leadership Award.
- During 2012, WPP's sustainability program was recognised with the IVCA Clarion Award for Strategic Communication, the Golden Peacock Award for responding to the needs of different stakeholders, a Corporate Engagement Award for the Group's commitment to supporting charities and NGOs, a Galaxy Gold Award for WPP's Sustainability Report and Best Use of Digital to communicate sustainability at the Digital Impact Awards. WPP was also ranked in the top 100 of Newsweek's 2012 Green Rankings of 500 global companies.
- WPP's Annual Report receives ongoing worldwide recognition for effective reporting, creativity and online communications. Most recently, it took Golds for Overall Annual Report, Interactive Annual Report, Written Text, and Green/Environmentally Sound Annual Report at the International Arc Awards.
- WPP's global newspaper and ebook, The WIRE, is consistently ranked in the worldwide Top 50 internal communications materials at the LACP Inspire Awards.
- WPP is a member of: FTSE100, Euro FT300, Forbes Global 2000, FTSE4Good Index and the Dow Jones Sustainability Index.