WPP at a glance
WPP is the world leader in marketing communications services. We are made up of leading companies in:
Advertising; Media Investment Management; Data Investment Management; Public Relations & Public Affairs; Branding & Identity; Healthcare Communications; Direct, Digital, Promotion & Relationship Marketing; Specialist Communications
Facts & figures
Number of employees: 170,000 (including associates)
Number of offices: 3,000
Number of countries: 110
Reported revenues: £10.4bn (as at 31 December 2012)
Reported billings: £44.4bn (as at 31 December 2012)
Market capitalisation: £13.0bn (as at April 2013)
Recognition & awards
- Member: FTSE100, Euro FT300, Forbes Global 2000, FTSE4Good Index and the Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
- For the third year running, WPP was named Holding Company of the Year at the 2013 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
- For the second year running, WPP was ranked Most Effective Holding Company, Globally, in the 2013 Effie Effectiveness Index.
- In addition, WPP was named Holding Company of the Year at the 40th Annual One Show Awards 2013.
- In 2013, Global Corporate Venturing named WPP Digital the Most Influential Unit in the Services Sector.
- In December 2012, WPP CEO Martin Sorrell was named Britain’s Most Admired Leader by Management Today and received the UK Marketing Society’s Outstanding Leadership Award.
- During 2012/13, WPP’s sustainability program was recognised with six major awards, including the Global Award for Sustainability at the Golden Peacock Awards 2012.
- In 2013, WPP’s Annual Report received Gold Awards at the International ARC Awards and LACP Vision Awards.
- WPP’s global newspaper and ebook, The WIRE, is consistently ranked in the Top 50 worldwide for Internal Communications Materials in the LACP Inspire Awards