Paul Richardson, WPP’s Group finance director, is the Board director responsible for corporate sustainability. To help embed sustainability in our business, a proportion of the variable element of his remuneration is linked to the Group’s performance on sustainability issues.
To enhance collaboration on sustainability issues across WPP we have a Sustainability Committee made up of senior representatives from our companies and Group functions, chaired by Paul Richardson. Committee members meet to review progress at least annually at our Sustainability Strategy Day held in September. Committee members and other key people attend sessions relevant to their area of the business to review strategy and progress against targets, to share best practice and to identify opportunities for collaboration and further action. The main topics discussed in 2011 were:
- 1 Opportunities associated with sustainable marketing.
- 2 Marketing ethics and risk management.
- 3 Privacy and data security.
- 4 Employment practices.
- 5 Progress against our climate change strategy.
- 6 Supply chain management.
The current members of our committee include:
- Jed Beitler, chairman & worldwide CEO, Sudler & Hennessey
- Craig Branigan, chairman & CEO, B to D Group
- Vicky Brown, compliance officer, WPP
- Owen Dougherty, chief communications officer, Grey Group
- Vanessa Edwards, head of sustainability, WPP
- Chris Graves, CEO, Ogilvy PR
- Julie Halpin, CEO, The Geppetto Group
- Tom Kinnaird, head of Global Commercial & Procurement Services, WPP
- Mark Linaugh, chief talent officer, WPP
- Mandy Pooler, development director, Kantar
- Dominic Proctor, president, GroupM
- Mark Read, director of strategy, WPP
- Paul Richardson, Group finance director, WPP (chair) .