Summary of results
- Billings up 5.2% at £21.392 billion.
- Reported revenues up 6.1% to £4.713 billion and up 8.1% in constant currencies.
- Like-for-like revenues up 6.1% and gross margin up 6.8%.
- Headline EBITDA up 10.5% to £619.5 million from £560.8 million.
- Headline operating margin pre-incentives up 0.8 margin points at 13.9%.
- Headline operating profit up 13.7% to £517.9 million from £455.3 million, over half a billion pounds sterling for the first time in the first half.
- Headline operating margin up 0.7 margin points to 11.0%.
- Headline gross margin margin up 0.7 margin points to 11.9%.
- Headline profit before tax up 17.1% to £417.0 million from £356.2 million.
- Profit before tax up 37.1% to £334.3 million from £243.9 million.
- Diluted headline earnings per share up 19.4% to 22.8p from 19.1p.
- Diluted earnings per share up 50.8% to 18.1p.
- First interim ordinary dividend up 25% at 7.46p per share.
- Estimated net new business billings of £1.201 billion ($1.922 billion).
In this summary of results not all the figures and ratios used are readily available from the unaudited interim results included in Interim financial statements.