We have set up procurement contracts with furniture and carpet suppliers to ensure the products we purchase come from sustainable sources and can be disposed of in a responsible manner.
We have chosen carpet suppliers that meet or exceed the stringent requirements of the Carpet and Rug Institute’s Green Label program and focus on reducing the amount of carpet sent to landfill by:
- Recycling old carpet materials back into carpet production.
- Recycling old carpet into alternative uses such as building materials.
- Refurbishing old carpet into new carpet tiles.
We have chosen furniture suppliers that provide products:
- With a high recyclable content.
- That are manufactured from recycled products.
- That use timber sourced from a sustainable forest (FSC certified).
- That opt for low VOC-emitting paint and adhesives.
- That come from environmentally-responsible manufacturers.
In 2009, we launched APAC/EMEA sustainable furniture contracts for our Asia Pacific and Europe, Middle East and Africa regions.
Dovetail Contract Furniture, a WPP company, has teamed up with a recycling company to offer environmentally-friendly furnishing services. Dovetail sources from furniture manufacturers with established environmental credentials and can achieve recycling rates of up to 90% for used furniture.