We believe our business can make a positive contribution to society and the environment by managing our activities with care and by working with responsible organisations that promote social and environmental causes.
Our operating companies are required to comply with this CR Policy and report performance to the parent company quarterly.
WPP companies are encouraged to:
- Undertake pro bono work for not-for-profit organisations involved in tackling social and environmental issues.
- Make appropriate financial and other donations to social and environmental organisations.
- In all our relationships we will be open, honest and transparent and will not pay or receive bribes or inducements of any kind.
- Will select and promote our people on the basis of qualifications and merit, without discrimination or concern for race, religion, national origin, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or disability.
- Will support training and career development for our people.
- Will provide a safe and civilised workplace free from sexual harassment or offensive behaviour.
- Will comply with applicable regulations and self-regulatory codes of practice in the countries in which they operate.
- Will not knowingly create work which contains statements, suggestions or images offensive to general public decency and will give appropriate consideration to the impact of our work on minority segments of the population, whether that minority be by race, religion, national origin, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
- Will not undertake work designed to mislead in any respect, including social, environmental and human rights issues.
WPP companies will respect the environment by minimising their impact from:
- Energy use.
- Consumption of paper and other resources.
- Managing any significant CR risks in our supply chains.
- WPP companies will uphold the principles contained in the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Labour Organisation’s fundamental conventions on core labour standards.
- We support the right of our people and their families to basic human rights including the right to organise, the right to fair conditions of work, freedom of opinion and expression and freedom from forced labour and child labour.