Involvement in industry groups
Advertising standards and regulations vary significantly by country. As do attitudes to humour, sexuality, nudity, religion, alcohol and many other topics.
Industry organisations play an important role in updating national marketing standards, disseminating marketing best practices and developing guidance on subjects such as advertising to children and marketing of food and pharmaceutical products.
Senior people from many of our operating companies play an active role in these organisations. Examples include:
- Jan Van Aken, CEO, Ogilvy Brussels is President of the Association of Belgium Communication Agencies
- Melissa Baker, Africa Director Social and Public Research, RI East Africa, is Treasurer of the Market and Social Research Association of Kenya
- Becky Chidester, President, Wunderman New York is a Member of the Advisory Board for Women in Communications
- Matt de Gruchy, Managing Director, OgilvyHealth PR, UK is a member of the Standards Committee of the Health Communications Agency (HCA)
- Julie Halpin, CEO, The Geppetto Group is a board member of the Children’s Advertising Review Unit (CARU)
- David Moore, CEO, 24/7 Real Media is a board member of the Advertising Education Foundation