WPP’s climate change strategy
Our climate change strategy commits us to:
- Reduce our energy consumption by 20% by 2010, from 2006 levels.
- Achieve efficiency gains in our buildings and IT.
- Purchase renewable electricity where available.
- Offset the balance of our emissions.
- The program involves changes to office design, IT purchasing, electricity sourcing and intra-office flights that collectively will enable us to achieve our target over four years.
To implement our climate change strategy we have established Energy Action Teams in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. These include members of our IT, property and procurement functions. Their job is to measure and identify energy-saving initiatives, run pilot projects and provide technical guidance in energy reduction.
Several WPP companies such as Grey New York, Ogilvy London, JWT London and Finsbury London are also launching their own green initiatives.