Corporate Responsibility Committee
Paul Richardson is the Board Director responsible for assessing CR risks. He chairs WPP’s Corporate Responsibility Committee, established in 2003.
Our CR Committee is made up of senior representatives from our agencies. Their role is to advise on policy, monitor significant corporate responsibility risks and opportunities, determine CR strategy and coordinate communication among Group companies. Current members are:
- Nancy Ashbrooke, VP Global Human Resources, MindShare
- Jed Beitler, Chairman & CEO Worldwide, Sudler & Hennessey
- Craig Branigan, Chairman & CEO, B to D Group
- Elaine Cruikshanks, Chair, Worldwide Public Affairs Practice, Hill & Knowlton
- Owen Dougherty, Chief Communications Officer, Grey Group
- Chris Graves, President Asia Pacific, Ogilvy & Mather
- Julie Halpin, CEO, The Geppetto Group
- Mandy Pooler, Development Director, Kantar
- Dominic Proctor, Worldwide CEO, MindShare
- Vanessa Edwards, Head of Corporate Responsibility, WPP
- Tom Kinnaird, Director of Global Procurement, WPP
- Mark Linaugh, Chief Talent Officer, WPP
- Howard Paster, Executive Vice President, WPP
- Paul Richardson, Chief Financial Officer, WPP (Chair)
- Paul Stanley, Director of Internal Audit, WPP
The Committee met once in 2007 and discussed a range of issues including:
- Our climate change strategy
- Privacy and data protection issues
- Employment data
We have set up a number of working groups to address specific CR issues, including our Energy Action Teams (see the Reducing emissions section) and privacy working group. Members are drawn from our Group functions and agencies.
Each WPP company has a nominated CR representative who is responsible for completing our annual internal case study survey of CR activity. The results are collated and validated by our audit function.
WPP’s internal audit function also includes CR risks during reviews of Group companies. This assessment focuses on CR risks relating to employment, marketing ethics and business ethics.