Report by Lynn O’Connor Vos (below) President and chief executive
In 2010, ghg had a very successful year, achieving double-digit growth through important new business wins, global expansion of medical education, a significant acquisition in animal health and strengthening of the digital offering in the US and Europe. ghg is well positioned as one of the most innovative communications leaders in human and animal health, committed to creating high impact, engaging campaigns designed to improve health outcomes while delivering solid business results for clients.
Our highlights of 2010:
- Won consumer advertising for the Novo Nordisk insulin portfolio.
- Chosen by AstraZeneca to be a key global branding partner.
- Secured significant new professional, consumer, and digital assignments in the US from Bayer, Essilor, Forest, Johnson & Johnson, Novartis, Novartis Vaccines, Strativa and Transitions Optical.
- Expanded European business with important wins in Europe from Allergan, Boehringer Ingelheim, Glaxo/Amgen, Johnson & Johnson and Novo Nordisk.
- Grew significantly in Australia with wins and new assignments from Abbott, Allergan, Baxter, Bayer Animal Health and Shire – winning a Clio for the Bayer campaign ‘Because Pets Aren’t As Tough As They Think They Are’.
- Achieved double-digit growth with ghg’s medical education companies – Phase Five, IMsci, Darwin Grey and Osprey. Expanded client roster and developed cutting-edge digital medical education programs in the US, Australia and Europe.
A major achievement was the acquisition of Geoff Howe Marketing Communications, Inc., a leader in animal health. The acquisition resulted in an expanded global footprint and established the largest global agency dedicated to animal health. The agency gained an Eastern European hub in Prague and doubled the size of its London office. It also established a Midwest base in Kansas City, Missouri – the global corridor for animal health.
The acquisition [of Geoff Howe] resulted in an expanded global footprint and established the largest global agency dedicated to animal health
This year ghg created ground-breaking multi-channel health engagement campaigns.
- Text4baby, a mobile health initiative launched with Voxiva, ghg, National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition (HMHB), and Johnson & Johnson received numerous accolades; but none bigger than acknowledgment from Aneesh Chopra, US chief technology officer, at the White House, who said: “This marks an important achievement for the public/private partnership model – especially for the pioneering founders of text4baby. It is both low-cost and effective in helping to close an important information gap for pregnant women and new mothers.”
- ‘Think About Your Eyes’, a national award-winning campaign increased awareness of the importance of eye health and motivated thousands of consumers to visit their eye care professional for an annual eye exam.
ghg is a communications partner that gets brands deeply engaged in all the conversations that matter because we speak the language of every healthcare influencer fluently – from the in-depth scientific lingo of key opinion leaders to the plainspoken opinion of the blogger – we are proven experts in the anticipation and application of digital technologies, and tellers of compelling brand stories, so that health brands connect in more meaningful ways to generate trial, grow sales and improve lives.