- 26. Authorised and issued share capital
- 27. Equity share owners’ funds
- 28. Acquisitions
- 29. Principal subsidiary undertakings
- 30. Related party transactions
- 31. Reconciliation to non-GAAP measures of performance
30. Related party transactions
From time to time the Group enters into transactions with its associate undertakings. These transactions were not material for any of the years presented.
In the year ended 31 December 2008, the Group paid costs of £nil (2007: £0.5 million, 2006: £0.3 million) in connection with an action for the misuse of private information and an action for libel, in which Sir Martin Sorrell was a claimant. These costs were authorised by the Board as an integral part of the broader legal actions to protect the commercial interests of the Group. The total amount incurred of £0.8 million was disclosed in the 2006 Annual Report and has not increased.