Report by Matt Giegerich
President and chief executive officer
007 proved a most significant year in CommonHealth's long and notable history. From the creation of multiple new marketing divisions, to the launch of service offerings unlike anything currently in the healthcare communications landscape, from the 192 awards won within the network for creative excellence, to the successful expansion of our global offerings – CommonHealth is more focused, more aligned and even better prepared to help clients address marketplace challenges than ever before.
Always evolving, still leading
CommonHealth's most noteworthy accomplishments in 2007 included:
- Our Carbon (professional advertising) agency garnered the coveted "Agency of the Year" title from industry publication Med Ad News.
- We successfully relaunched our integrated consumer offering under the EvoLogue banner with an eye toward providing clients with even greater strategic, multichannel communications, including advertising, CRM, interactive and proprietary behavioral-marketing services.
- CommonHealth also launched Earthborn – the first full-service agency of its kind, created to provide communications programs built around the connection between the environment and human health.
- As the healthcare market moves toward greater globalization, our London and Paris hubs (in partnership with WPP sister company, Ogilvy Healthworld) continued to thrive.
- New offerings: we launched our BrandFireSM initiative to give clients a distinctive, overwhelming advantage by helping their brands tell a consistent, compelling story across the many influencers of today's healthcare dialogues and decisions. We also launched the Brand CHAMP (CommonHealth Advanced Marketing Partner) program to provide clients with brands employing multiple CommonHealth companies with one senior point of contact, charged with integrating brand values and strategy across marketing audiences and disciplines.
- E-nitiatives: In an online first, Qi, CommonHealth's interactive group, was the first agency to help launch a pharmaceutical brand into the social network community of MySpace; Conectics (media planning and buying) added e-media planning and buying as a core service offering.
- With all US-based CommonHealth companies now moved onto one corporate campus, opportunities are more accessible than ever for cross-discipline collaboration and integration, cross-selling of services, and cross-division talent sharing.
Diversified yet connected
CommonHealth companies have expertise in every discipline and therapeutic category, each focused on a specific marketing discipline or industry sector. We have specialties in professional advertising, medical education, interactive, managed care, strategic planning/business development, and consumer and patient communications. And we're proud to boast we work with all of the top 12, and 15 of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies (based on worldwide revenue), representing both domestic and global brands.
A story to tell
Despite ongoing challenges in the healthcare sector, CommonHealth's future has never looked more positive. The organization, officially now in its 17th year, continues to redefine, for itself and the marketplace, what best-in-class truly is.
Our clients – whether contracting with one CommonHealth company or more – have at their fingertips a suite of experience and tools that comes from working with the group. The CommonHealth model of surrounding a brand with channel expertise is uniquely designed to support clients' efforts to break through the crowded marketplace with the most effective, innovative, and winning solutions. Because we're organized this way, we help clients thrive, so their brands can – and do – outperform competitors in the new healthcare arena.