Report by Jim Heekin
Chairman and chief executive officer
007 was the year that “The New Grey' was introduced on the world stage. Starting in January, with our new management team at the helm, Grey Group took decisive actions to accelerate our transformation to a world-class Total Communications company driven by powerful ideas that accelerate brand potential.
The building blocks of this transformation are:
- Making creativity our singular priority: The combination of better creative talent and higher standards is changing the reality and perception of our work.
- Brand Acceleration: Our global strategic platform, that ensures the quality of our ideas and the optimum impact of our communications plan, is now integral to the way we work in every discipline, in every country.
- Total Communications offering: By pairing the creative expertise of Grey with the activation marketing expertise of G2, we are delivering big ideas and leveraging them across channels, a winning proposition for clients.
- Talent acquisition and professional development: We dramatically strengthened our leadership by recruiting and promoting a new generation of creative, planning and management talent across our companies worldwide. Importantly, a comprehensive leadership development and training program has been inaugurated.
- New resources: We implemented an aggressive acquisition and joint venture program aimed at enhancing our Total Communications offering, with an emphasis on digital capabilities and we added to our arsenal in branded content development and communications channel planning.
There was more change at Grey Group in 12 months than in the past 12 years. It is an exciting time as our transformation to a more creative, collaborative, future-facing marketing power gathers momentum, as you'll see in the following reports. See our new website (www.grey.com) to learn more about Grey Group today.